HOW IT WORKS
Method of training –
This platform offer trainees access to materials to help develop and grow there volunteering skills in the expansion of God’s kingdom on earth. There are various options to access training, and trainees will be asked at registration to state their preferred choice. The current methods include:
- Live interactive sessions
- Video conferencing
Face to face sessions
Our purpose is to ensure our training and development programmes are easily accessible to trainees from around the globe. The platform allows trainees to tune in and participate in the training no matter where you live. No travel, trains, planes, or automobiles needed. What is required is just a computer and a quiet space.
The experience –
Throughout the training, you will be a part of a larger group. A large group is made up of 100 people, while a small group are up to 6 people. We will ensure full participation, interaction and sharing of experiences. We start and end the training programmes together, and scriptures from the Holy Bible will anchor our learning points. Our training sessions are 70% participation and 30% of speakers tutoring.
Questions and action points –
Trainees are encouraged to take notes, write down questions and have their action points after each programme. During Zoom meeting sessions, questions can be shared with all participants in the chat section, otherwise sent to the facilitator via email.
STEPS YOU NEED TO TAKE
Before the training, participants are advised to take these steps to prepare for full participation:
- After registration, a unique link will be sent via email addresses to participants. This unique link will open information about the programme, and instructions for participants to access the particular programme required. Participants will need to click on the day of each session. The link should be kept safe to access the programme as and when needed.
- Add our email address to your safe-send email list to avoid our emails going into your junk folder.
- Download Zoom app on your device and make sure it works.
- Twenty minutes before the Zoom meeting, test your unique link and make sure it works.
- To ask for help in dealing with any technical problems, send an email to email@example.com
Here are some handy tips –
Look your best and be ready for a Zoom video call.
- Sit close to the screen. Your face should fill most of it.
- If you can, use an external microphone or headset.
- When you’re not talking, hit mute.
- Don’t eat during the conference.
- When you’re on mute on a video call, act like you’re genuinely engaged. Nod your head. Focus on the screen. Don’t get up and feed your dog/cat.
- Don’t sit with the window behind you. A little effort on lighting goes a very long way.
- When you’re talking, spend some time looking at the camera, not the screen. You’ll appear more engaged and honest this way.
- When you’re talking, go slow. No one is going to steal your slot.
If you are interested in joining us, complete your registration today.
Subscribe to our volunteer’s training email list!